DO YOU THINK YOU'VE FOUND A METEORITE?
If you think you have found a meteorite I am happy to help you get it verified
A few questions to consider:
• Most meteorites have some magnetic attraction, does a magnet stick to it?
• Most meteorites have a dark fusion crust and thumbprint-like indentations, does your rock?
• If exposed to the elements, the exterior will appear rusty, is this the case?
• Is there a glimpse into the interior, if so are there any shiny metallic flakes present?
• Is the rock you found different from other rocks in the surrounding area?
• Was there any depression in the ground where you found your rock?
• Meteorites do not contain bubbles or pits, does your rock?
Finally, go through this checklist devised by Deborah Guedes and colleagues from Brazil: